PE & sport funding
Crosscanonby St John's School allocates part of its delegated budget to insure all pupils receive a high quality curriculum and a range of learning experiences in PE and sport.
In 2020/2021 our school received £18,311 to enhance provision in PE and sport.
In 2021-2022 so far we have received £6833 in sports funding.
What have we spent this money on?
- Further increased PE sports coaching for all classes-
- Installation of outdoor activity areas; new bike track for Early Years, climbing wall and a water wall.
- Purchase of basketball nets and balls.
- Purchase of bikes etc for outdoor play.
Due to Covid 19 some of our plans for accessing Forest School and an outdoor and adventurous residential trip had to be postponed and we were unable to access sporting events. However, we took part in some virtual events such as a dance off, a virtual football competition with our cluster network and also took part in a virtual Christmas dash.
- Children have increased confidence, stamina and competence in fundamental movement skills. Children have increased confidence in participating in team games.
- In the academic year 2019 all pupils in Year 6 met the end of KS2 swimming requirement.
- Continuous Professional Development for staff including, cricket, multi-skills and tennis.
- Curriculum map for whole school is complete.
- All KS2 children have access to after school club.
- In 2019 we gained a Bronze award for sport and PE.
- Staff have accessed a virtual training session in tennis.