PE & sport funding
Crosscanonby St John's School allocates part of its delegated budget to insure all pupils receive a high quality curriculum and a range of learning experiences in PE and sport.
In 2018/2019 our school received £10,143 to enhance provision in PE and sport.
What have we spent this money on?
- Further increased PE sports coaching for all classes- £5306
- Participation in sports competitions and festivals- £172
- Active Breakfast Club-£200
- Transport to sporting activities, including swimming- £210
- School Sports Partnership- £675
- Children have increased confidence, stamina and competence in fundamental movement skills. Children have increased confidence in participating in team games.
- Last academic year all pupils in Year 6 met the end of KS2 swimming requirement.
- Continuous Professional Development for staff including, cricket and tennis.
- Curriculum map for whole school is complete.
- All children have access to after school clubs and the opportunity to attend outdoor and adventurous school residential visits.
- Increased participation in inter-school sports competitions and festivals.
- In 2019 we gained a Bronze award for sport and PE.
- Pupils have performed well in competitions and have come first in some they have entered.
- Staff have accessed training in Active Maths.
- Year 5/6 pupils run lunchtime activities as part of their Young Leaders training.
In 2019-2020 we have so far received £6854 in PE funding and plan to use this to continue to provide high quality coaching and to enter even more sports competitions.