PE & sport funding
Crosscanonby St John's School allocates part of its delegated budget to insure all pupils receive a high quality curriculum and a range of learning experiences in PE and sport.
In 2019/2020 our school received £16,410 to enhance provision in PE and sport.
What have we spent this money on?
- Further increased PE sports coaching for all classes-
- Participation in sports competitions and festivals-
- Active Breakfast Club-
- School Sports Partnership- £675
- Wheelchair basketball session
Due to Covid 19 some of our plans for accessing Forest School and an outdoor and adventurous residential trip had to be postponed.
- Children have increased confidence, stamina and competence in fundamental movement skills. Children have increased confidence in participating in team games.
- Last academic year all pupils in Year 6 met the end of KS2 swimming requirement.
- Continuous Professional Development for staff including, cricket, multi-skills and tennis.
- Curriculum map for whole school is complete.
- All children have access to after school clubs and the opportunity to attend outdoor and adventurous school residential visits.
- Increased participation in inter-school sports competitions and festivals.
- In 2019 we gained a Bronze award for sport and PE.
- Pupils have performed well in competitions and have come first in some they have entered.
- Staff have accessed training in Active Maths.
In 2020-2021 we have so far received £9567 in PE funding and plan to use this to continue to provide high quality coaching and to enter even more sports competitions.