PE & sport funding
Crosscanonby St John's School allocates part of its delegated budget to insure all pupils receive a high quality curriculum and a range of learning experiences in PE and sport.
In 2022/2023 our school received £14,110 to enhance provision in PE and sport.
What have we spent this money on?
- Further increased PE sports coaching for all classes.
- Installation of outdoor activity areas - improved adventure playground.
- Purchase of outdoor yoga studio.
- Increased adult support for SEND pupils in PE.
In 2022, our children went to Rock UK for 3 days, where they participated in a wide variety of outdoor activities such as abseiling, orienteering and caving. The children have also participated in various tournaments and festivals with our local cluster schools - multi-skills, dance, football, cricket, basketball.
- Children have increased confidence, stamina and competence in fundamental movement skills. Children have increased confidence in participating in team games.
- In the academic year 2023 75% of pupils in Year 6 met the end of KS2 swimming requirement.
- All KS1 and KS2 children have access to a sports after school club.
- In 2023 we gained a Gold award for sport and PE.