PE & sport funding
Crosscanonby St John's School allocates part of it's delegated budget to insure all pupils receive a high quality curriculum and a range of learning experiences in PE and sport.
In 2014/2015 our school received a sum of £8000 plus £5 premium per pupil to enhance provision in PE and sport.
What have we spent this money on?
- Further increased PE sports coaching for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Dedicated Key Stage 1 Multi -Skills Afer School Club to commence September 2015.
IMPACT - Children have increased confidence and competence in fundamental movement skills. Children have increased confidence in participating in team games.
- Swimming lessons for the whole school.
IMPACT - All children have measured improvement in their swimming ability. 90% of upper key Stage 2 pupils qualified as Rookie Lifeguards. Now, no children refuse to enter the pool.
- Continuous Professional Development for staff including, dance, gymnastics, acquisition of Sainsburys kite mark standard, management of current PE curriculum and future provision.
IMPACT: Staff are now able to deliver a wider range of sporting activities. Sainsburys school games bronze award application is complete, awaiting validation by Allerdale sports coordinator for submission to Sainsburys School Games.
- Planning time with external providers.
IMPACT: Curriculum map for whole school is complete.
- We ensure all children have access to after school clubs and the opportunity to attend school residential visits.
IMPACT: A greater percentage of pupil attending sports related after school clubs including Key Stage 1. All of Key Stage 2 pupils provided with the opportunity to attended a residential visit.